Friday, November 20, 2009

We Are Never Alone, A Guest Post byRolf Hitzer, author of "Hoodoo Sea"


For a writer it all begins with an inspirational thought. We nurture our idea with our pen or keyboard, most of the time in complete isolation. It is a choice we make…to be alone with our scrawl. Physically, mentally we cushion ourselves from the rest of the world.
I’d like to think this is true, and to some degree it is fact, but we need the help of so many others as is the way with most things in life. To do my work I rely on the unquestionable support of my spouse and our family. I cannot concentrate or think free if I harbor guilt because I’m immersed in my work.
My Editor, he embraced my manuscript, and for good reason. Apparently he enjoys a challenge and my scribble did not let him down. My Literary Agent, I depended on her wealth of experience and her network of publishers and negotiation skills to represent my best interests for my first novel. My Publisher, they were willing to take the risk with an unknown author packaging the book to put the story’s best foot forward with blind faith that people will by the book.
Finally, my Public Relations expert taking Hoodoo Sea on a virtual book tour with a precise strategy. I am far from being alone, aren’t I?
Irma Hitzer, Norm Asher, Johanna Bates, Anne Bougie, Ardis and Joe Clark, and Tracee Skrepenski Gleichner, without all of you my first novel would have never seen the light of day. Thank you, I am forever grateful to you all.

No comments: