Thursday, June 11, 2015

George's Grand Tour by Caroline Vermalle



This is one of those surprise books.   I was surprised I enjoyed it.  My first thought was it was a "chick" book.   (Sigh) I know not exactly politically correct but nevertheless how I see it.  Regardless of description this book was excellent.  It describes a relationship between a granddaughter and grandfather.

George is in his eighties and is in poor health.  He feels smothered by his daughter.   He and his best buddy Charles embark on a life changing trip.  Meanwhile the story splits to George's granddaughter and her frustration with her internship on a film.  

This is not an action adventure, don't expect guns, knives or fights.   Do expect to be moved by a delightful story.

I recommend the book.

Web Site: http://www.carolinevermalle.com/fr/home_3.html
Page is in French, Google's translation didn't work on this  site.


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: