Thursday, November 23, 2017

Where There’s Smoke by Sandra Brown

I haven’t read any Sandra Brown lately and it was nice to see she still brings the heat.  I’ve said quite vocally I will not read a book with a shirtless guy on the cover.  I’m not fond of romances.  Sandra Brown is the exception she combines sex and violence with not a single shirtless guy on the cover.   This book charts the journey of a wander lusting cowpoke and a disgraced female physician.

The book read like a small scale version of the old TV soap opera, Dallas.   It has the hard nosed single mom running an oil company through intimidation and shadiness.  The setting is a small Texas town with closed minded, stereotypical small town people.   Toss in some scandal, a heavy lidded bright eyed cowpoke and international intrigue, leaven with a good hearted ex-con, a spinster sister and a heavy handed, trashy witch (Amazon doesn’t care for anything even smelling profane, which isn’t all bad.) and you get the gist of the story.

Dismayingly I enjoyed the book.



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: