Monday, August 17, 2009

Eragon by Christopher Paolini


First, I am in awe that a kid wrote the book. Paolini started the book at age 15 and got it published at 19. It is a good story, a good fantasy and a terrific accomplishment. There is a dragon, evil dudes and lots of action. If you have read any of my blog, you are aware that I wax poetically about anthropomorphism and it’s story use. I love dragons and talking ones are even better. This is the first of the Inheritance series which now will have a fourth book that has not been published yet. This is touted as a kids book or young adult. If that is the case, I am apparently a great deal younger than my chronological age.

The best thing about this series is that my 10 year old grandson and I are reading it simultaneously. We call each other and discuss it. I would love the book for no other reason than the shared experience with my grandson. It is a good story and a good book, not great but I look forward to reading “Eldest” the next book in the series.

Body of work of Christopher Paolini

Review of the book: http://contemporarylit.about.com/cs/currentreviews/fr/eragon.htm

Site: http://www.alagaesia.com/


No comments: