Monday, July 11, 2011

The Accidental genius of Weasel High by Rick Detorie

In the tradition of a diary of a wimpy kid this book chronicles the adventures of a 14 year old boy and that age groups humor.  That humor is demonstrated in the title.  BTW it is nice to read something like this after the last review which was a bit intense.
Larkin Pace is a vertically challenged 14 year old teenager.  His goals and aspirations are subject to the people and kids around him.  His control over his life is minimal.  He spends a lot of time frustrated.   This is going to resonate well with young teens who share the same feelings.   “Just because I am a kid doesn’t mean I am stupid”, has been said my own grandson.   Kids often feel powerless.   This book may help them to deal with that frustration.

The book has loads of graphics but I wouldn’t consider it a graphic novel.

This format has been a best seller with the Diary of the Wimpy Kid.  I think both the format and story will be appealing to the young teenager.

It is humorous and entertaining I recommend it.


Body of work of Rick Detorie

Surprisingly I did not find a web site but this site has a nice article on Rick Detorie: http://www.creators.com/comics/one-big-happy-about.html


No comments: