Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lethal by Sandra Brown

This is an excellent mystery with rogue agents, dirty cops and sexy women.


For some reason I think of Sandra Brown as a romantic fiction author.  Well I, once again, need to revise my thoughts.  This was a very entertaining, difficult to put down mystery. 

The characters were varied and colorful.   Ms. Brown paints a brilliant canvas with bold strokes and steamy sexual tension.   Oh, and action, I can’t forget action.  There is plenty of gruesome violence and determination.   The bad guys are bad but Ms. Brown provides enough background to get a feel for why they are bad.   The good guys are just as complex and so are their feelings and actions.  

Coburn is the quintessential bad good guy, ala James Dean.   He is on a path of discovery and his tour guide is a sexy widow and a 4 year old ice breaker.  Emily’s impact on Coburn may have been the most telling emotion in the book.  

I really enjoyed this book.

I highly recommend the book.

Body of work of Sandra Brown

Web site: http://sandrabrown.net/


No comments: