Friday, June 15, 2012

The Cat Dancers by P.T. Deutermann




Sometimes book titles can convey a sense of what to expect in the book.  In this case, the author’s name provides much more than the book title.   I have come to expect complex, detailed thrillers form Mr. Deutermann and this book does not disappoint me.   A straight arrow cop is confronted with circumstances that cast aspirations on the ethical behavior of some of his comrades in Blue.   The ensuing conflict provides excellent entertainment as Cam, Frick and Frack face myriad dangers.

I have all four books in this series and will be enlightening my readers with my reactions, sweaty palms and all.   Deutermann has the uncanny ability to place you solidly in the soggy frozen shoes of his main protagonist.   In fact, I think I still get a whiff of wet dog as I write this recommendation.

Circumstances force Cam to evaluate his own definition of “justice” when faced with behavior he simply can’t condone.   The love and trust imbued by Deutermann in the relationship between Cam, Frick and Frank is completely palatable.   Cam is not some cardboard hero with no thoughts for personal safety and collateral damage.  His character is as believable as it is enjoyable.

The book is populated by believable and colorful characters.  I think one of Deutermann’s strengths is his ability to convince you of the reality of his thoughts.

I highly recommend it.

Body of  work of <a type="amzn" > P.T. Deutermann </a>
Web Site: http://www.ptdeutermann.com/



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: