Monday, June 3, 2013

You Cannoli Die Once by Shelley Costa


I’m not sure how to characterize this book.  I guess romantic mystery might work or romantic comedy mystery.  It is a light hearted murder mystery. (Light hearted and murder are hard to put in the same sentence.)

 The action takes place in Quaker Hills outside of Philadelphia.   This seems to be a vague reference to Quakertown or some other community in the Bucks County Area.   I enjoyed the references to local places.  

Having grown up with my next door neighbor being Italian, I felt that Ms. Costa accurately described the inter-family relationships and the volatility of family and friends.   The characters were colorful and many.   Eve is a troubled soul captured by self imposed family responsibilites to run the family restaurant when she really wants to dance.  

There is a lot of humor in this book as well as a mystery.

I recommend it. 

Web Site: http://www.shelleycosta.com/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: