Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mad to Glad by Angie Harris


This is a children's book that uses the Mindfulness meditation practices to help kids feel better about themselves and to deal with normal childhood experiences.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more information in the forward of the book about  Mindfulness meditation.  I Googled it to give me a better frame of reference in reviewing the book.   The goal of the book is highly laudable.  Helping children deal with day to day issues is something every parent deals with on that same day to day basis.   The exercises may help.   I don't have access to any kids at the moment to get an informed opinion based on an age related perception.

As a retired public school guidance counselor I can see value in the book and the suggested exercises. 

Web site: http://mindfularomatherapy.blogspot.com/2015/05/mad-to-glad-happy-to-sad.html

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: