Friday, April 13, 2018

I, Sniper by Stephen Hunter



Bob Lee Swagger a Vietnam Vet, an alcoholic, a sniper and a hunter battling PTSD is back.   Bob is old now, and feels like he is out of the game.   He is not!   Being old myself,  I found reassurance that an old guy can still kick some butt.   Oddly enough, I am not nearly deluded enough to believe I could but Bob Lee Swagger certainly can.

This plot is centered around the defamation of a Marine Corp hero, a sniper.   Bob Lee doesn’t buy into all the hype.   Radicals from the 70s are being murdered by a sniper and the hero stand accused.  Nick Damascus, FBI agent, is back in this book.    He is still a stalwart friend of Swaggers.

The investigation includes very thinly disguised notables.   So thinly disguised as to be amusing.   The theme of Bob Lee Swagger opposing enormous and powerful adversaries with a small network of friends and otherworldly skills continues in this book. 

As I have noted with past Hunter books, don’t plan to get a lot done once you start the book as you will not, I repeat, YOU WILL NOT WANT to put it down.

I highly recommend.

Web: http://www.stephenhunter.net/
This is not an official website.



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: