Friday, June 26, 2015

Radiant Angel by Nelson DeMille



I haven't read any DeMille since reading The Lion in 2010.  The irreverent John Corey, former NYPD detective, is back once again.  This time he is a contract agent with the Diplomatic Surveillance Group.   His overall job is to maintain surveillance of foreigners that might pose a threat to the U.S.   Corey's job description specifically states he is not to take action, merely to observe.  Corey's selective adherence to rules and regulations has not changed since The Lion.   In this book, Corey and Tess Faraday, his resented partner, on this gig are surveilling a Russian. 

I mentioned in my review of The Lion that I regret identifying so strongly to Corey's misbehaving ways.   Sadly I still regret that but I still found him and his behavior utterly engaging.   Corey and Tess find themselves in a struggle for survival as they attempt to prevent a non-diplomatic Russian and his sinister co-conspirators from deploying a WMD.

Good interpersonal interaction characterizes DeMille's writing and it continues in this book.

I recommend.

Site:   http://www.nelsondemille.net/books/radiant_angel.asp?id=desc

 This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: