Friday, November 21, 2008

Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber


I loved the book and strongly recommend it. That is how I usually end a review of a David Weber book. Once again the man amazes me. He grabs you on the first page and squeezes your imagination and attention until you finish the book. This has to be the opening novel of a series. Please David, let it be the opening book as I want to read more!

Again you have a very strong female protagonist. (kind of) A new universe, a new group of villains and heroes entertain you for the whole book. Big old pussycat that I am, Weber once again brought tears to my eyes with the willingness to sacrifice that his larger than life characters often demonstrate. Weber has successfully combined high tech tools with a setting than Horatio Hornblower or Frodo would be happy traversing. Read the review at the link if you want, but if you like Weber, just go get the book. If you have never read Weber, this is a great book to begin a love affair. (strictly platonic) I loved the book and I strongly recommend it.

Body of work of David Weber

Review: http://www.scifi.com/sfw/books/sfw14817.html

Web site: http://www.davidweber.net/

1 comment:

Book Calendar said...

I think Armageddon Reef did a better job because Tor Publishing was editing it instead of Baen Books. Tor tends to produce better written more thoughtful works, but less adventurous and full of action books than Baen.