Friday, January 2, 2009

The Family Bones by Kimberly Raiser


The book started with a mystery and proceeded to become more mysterious. My initial reaction was that it was going to be a “slasher” book, you know, Jason in a hockey mask kind of thing. That is a venue I am not overly thrilled with but I proceeded. Much to my pleasant surprise it wasn’t the simplistic psycho running wild plot but much more thoughtful. I admit finding my self a bit uneasy in some of the scenes. The characterizations were good and I enjoyed the mysteriousness of the setting. Growing up in Western Pennsylvania, I could practically picture the locale. The introduction of an alien influence provides a nice twist to the characterizations. An entertaining book to read, my biggest complaint is that it could have been bumped up another hundred pages and maintained my interest. I recommend the book. Look for an interview with the author in January on my blog, Pick of the Literate.

Body of work of Kimberly Raiser

Reviews: http://ruthiesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2008/11/review-family-bones-by-kimberly-raiser.html

No comments: