Monday, April 27, 2009

Wheels of Fire by Mercedes Lackey & Mark Shepherd


My guess is the goal of the Serrated Edge series is to address social issues. The exploited children theme was in the last one I read as well. I like that they tailor a story to emphasize a social ill and at the end of the book have phone numbers for help. The book’s target audience may be the teen age years but I am young at heart. I enjoyed the book. It deals with cult type of pseudo-religions and their impact on both parents and children. It also paints a sad but often true portrait of how greasing palms can smooth the way for all kinds of nefarious activities. The easy access to AK47s mirrors the current trouble with the arming of the Mexican drug cartels through our southern borders. I recommend the book.

Body of work of Mercedes Lackey
Body of work of Mark Shepard


Site: http://www.mercedeslackey.com/

Site: none found for Mark Shepherd

Review: http://davidsnewzealandadventure.blogspot.com/2009/02/review-wheels-of-fire.html


No comments: