Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In The Shadow of The Cypress by Thomas Steinbeck


This book is a multigenerational saga of mysterious treasures and information. It reads like a journal in some spots and more like fact than fiction.

My initial reaction to the book wasn’t overly positive. It seemed somewhat dry and boring. The style was almost contrary to excitement. The story turned out to be interesting and thought provoking. I’m fond of history so I ended up enjoying the story as it read like history. It is speculative fiction that has a historic feel to it

Several characters could have received more attention. I felt there were stories inferred but left unsaid. There is very little action or adventures if you are seeking that seek elsewhere. If you are looking for a well thought out story with solid prose and an historic flavor, this may be the book for you.

I recommend the book.

Body of work of Thomas Steinbeck

Web Site:

No comments: