Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Deep Blue Good-By by John D. MacDonald



Travis McGee is a beach bum with a talent for finding wounded birds and murderous mayhem. A charming ex-con tramautizing McGee’s neighborhood discovers that only one good man is needed to stand in his way. McGee involves himself in other peoples business and collects his lumps.

Over the years I have read as many of the John D. MacDonald Travis McGee novels as I have been able to acquire. His stories are classic, hero with a heart, diamond in the rough, private eye stories that I grew up loving. In spite of my overwhelming love of fantasy and scifi, I always made time to read the latest Travis McGee tale.

The stories are dated, the scenes are changed, the environment and mores are dramatically altered and yet the story still entertains. Timeless mysteries with an admirable protagonist.

I highly recommend it.

Body of work of John D. MacDonald

Web Site: http://www.jdmhomepage.org/jdmhomepage.org/index.html

No comments: