Friday, February 8, 2013

The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind



I have long been a fan of Terry Goodkind.  I suspect I would still be a fan if I had waited until all the books were done and read them then.  I started rereading after the 8th book and finally just gave up.  This is a start to a new series with Richard, the reluctant truth wizard and Kahlan, the beautiful Mother Confessor. 

The familiarity of the characters enticed me into the book.  The interesting changes in how the Mord-Sith evolved was interesting.   The plot has the intricate nature of a typical Goodkind book.  Richard has become a little more certain in his self identity.  
Cara-Sword of Truth

 I still love Cara’s red leather and thought the TV show depicted that quite nicely.  (Decidedly chauvinist opinion no doubt.)

Zedd didn’t seem quite as bizarre as in past books but perhaps his personality was just an acquired taste.  

This reads insipid and I guess that is how I felt about the book.  I liked it but it didn’t grab me like the first four of five Goodkind books did.   

It is worth reading if you haven’t gotten enough of Richard, Kahlan and company. 



Body of  work of <a type="amzn" >Terry Goodkind</a>

Web site: http://www.terrygoodkind.com/books-14theomenmachine.shtml
 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: