Friday, August 30, 2013

Morgan Kane Without Mercy by Louis Masterson





I can not remember when the last time was that I read a Western.  Of course as you age, that is not nearly remarkable as it once was.   This is a tale of betrayal, despair, revenge and acceptance set in the wilds of the Wild West. 



Morgan Kane is portrayed as a harsh harbinger of justice.  He metes out punishment based on his perception of the law.   His portrayal is made believable due to his shrieks of fear, depths of despair and melancholy nature.



Kane is larger than life but shows his humanity in both fragility and harshness.   I don’t know who or how to compare this since I seldom read Westerns.   The story is brief and has a certain pathos or perhaps romanticism in Kane’s conflict with personal relationships.  



I recommend the book.
 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: