Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Kafka Society by Ron Felber



Jack Madson is back and wallowing in self inflicted despair once again.  Felber has postulated a despicable group responsible for a wide range of human depravity.   Jack falls afoul of this group and is forced into painful introspection.   This book is not for the faint of heart, topics and descriptions are nearly painful to read and frankly impossible to comprehend.

Felber can't seem to decide if he is a novelist or a philosopher.   His Kafka society is existentialism at it's postulated worse.   The laborious introspection Jack experiences is necessary to develop the plot but at times I felt I was back in my MA program examining the dark side of human nature.

The settings and suggested underground settings are thought provoking.    A cursory search of the Internet leads me to believe that some of what Felber postulates is possible.  

The story twists and turns as if sharing the agony of the participants.   It is a disturbing book in many ways.  

I can't say I enjoyed it primarily due to the graphic nature of some of the scenes but it certainly was an interesting book.   From this and his previous book I can only  conclude that Felber has strong feelings that society is overall corrupt.  Jack Madson is a true anti-hero. 

I recommend the book, it should make you ponder your own reality.

Web Site: http://www.ronfelber.com/


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: