Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Dark City by F. Paul Wilson


I may be one of the few action adventure readers who has just discovered Repairman Jack.   This is a series that documents one man's quest to right wrongs in a unique vigilante/godfather manner.

This specific book appears to be the middle book of a trilogy chronicling the early years of Repairman Jack.

I read the Keep, a book in another Wilson series years ago and was impressed.  I'm somewhat dismayed I wasn't more diligent in keeping track of what Wilson was writing as the Repairman Jack Series seems to incorporate a lot of what I enjoy.   There is action, adventure and retribution.  The retribution is earmarked by what your extreme fantasy punishments might be for despicable behavior.   Even those of us who consider themselves normal often find we are gripped with rage when we see things like human trafficking and abuse.  Jack does something about it.

Jack flounders a bit in this book which provides clues as to whom he becomes in later books.  That is an assumption on my part since I haven't read the later books yet.  

I recommend the book and I plan on reading more of the series.

Site:  http://www.siue.edu/~kcole/f.paul/index.html
This may or may not come up, I got some errors trying to access it.


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: