Monday, July 6, 2015

Space Dumplins by Craig Thompson


This book sent me mixed messages.   I like the graphic art and the style.  The subject matter was kind of adult.  I don't mean adult as profane or sex but there is a theme of competition between Mom and Dad in employment.  There are issues as to which parent needs to take the kid to their job because of schedule conflicts.   The kid is precocious and there are nuances of humor that I think will escape the younger reader.

With all of that being said, I think that many of the scenarios are ones that kids are exposed to and consequently are probably good to explore.  I liked the book and recommend it.

website: http://www.dootdootgarden.com/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: