Thursday, October 15, 2015

Two Dogs and a Parrot by Joan Chittister




I erroneously thought this was going to be about animals.  It is peripherally but marginally so.   I guess I would describe it as a philosophic religion oriented parable.   The author equates her experience with her pets to a road map for better human behavior.

Back in the 70's when I was studying humanistic psychology, I may have enjoyed this book.  Being on the wrong side of age 50, I suspect that I am somewhat jaded as to this type of reading.   I did not find it enlightening.  I suspect the author is a good person who wants to help others be better people.

Web site:  http://joanchittister.org/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: