Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Written in Blood by Layton Green


I’m sitting here sipping Eagle Rare neat an musing over how I just reviewed a fantasy by Layton Green, a five part series which is currently on volume 3.   I am really enjoying that and now I find that Green writes a darn good detective story as well.   A detective finds himself returning to his hometown with his metaphoric tail between his legs.   A big deal homicide detective, he found himself doubting his abilities and returned to a perceived bucolic refuge.   Then the murders started!

Preach, the detective, is weathering a crisis of confidence and is twisting in the wind and in careers.   Thrust into the limelight with a series of unnerving murders, he is struggling to maintain his equilibrium.   He has a partner, Kirby, who is riding his own horse of misfortune.   Together they struggle to find the killer in an increasingly hostile community and search to find clues written in blood.

I highly recommend it.

Web Site:   http://laytongreen.com/

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: