Tuesday, August 14, 2018

One Deadly Summer by Sebastien Japrisot

The author is described by the New York Times as a master of psychological suspense.   I really never found the book compelling.

The story takes place in a village and is self proclaimed as a classic of French suspense.  Sadly my tastes appear to be more plebian than many of the reviewers.  To me the book was tedious and difficult to read.  I do like character studies but the minutia in this left me cold.

Elle is certifiable and I suspect Florimond might also be committed.  Due to all the accolades the book has received, I suspect I may be a lonely voice that didn’t like it but loneliness can also be ascribed to a matter of personal taste.  This book was not to my taste.



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: