Wednesday, November 29, 2023

The Lemon Man by Keith Bruton


I always feel conflicted when the protagonist is a bad guy and I like him anyway.   Patrick grew up hard and became the object of nightmares for some people, and the source of redemption for others.  The story is set in a very colorful Dublin, Ireland.  The plot is one of chrysalis, you will be surprised by what pops out.

Bruton describes some sides of Dublin that I didn’t see when I visited that city.  Patrick’s relationship with Olivia is touching and certainly seems redeeming.   The day-to-day of someone in his kind of work is daunting.  Each and every day necessitates a moral dilemma. 

Simone’s transfer of allegiance was a bit perplexing as it seemed unrealistic.

Overall this book has complexity in abundance and a solid plot. 

I enjoyed it and I recommend it. 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned



No comments: