Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Mission Target by Mark Nolan



Adrenaline junkies start your engines.  Nolan packs more action per page than that demented bag “boy/person” at your local grocery store squeezes into your canvas shopping bag. Jake Wolfe and Cody the wonder dog are back and once again in the thick of breaking skulls and burning boats.   A flood of a new drug is threating San Franciso and Cody, oh and Jake, are out to stop it.

If you can’t handle Old Testament justice, don’t pick up this book.  Jake brooks no fools and is a strong believer of the double tap to the head.   Amidst the narco-terrorists is a former cop dead set on doing dirty deeds to Cody and Jake.

Badass behavior is believable, along with hyper intelligent dogs, the unbelievable part is the impact Jake seems to have on every woman he encounters.   Although I do have a male relative that was seemingly irresistible in his college years so maybe that isn’t the unbelievable part of the book.

I enjoy the karma aspects of the book along with the action.   I did feel that Cody got a bit short-changed in this volume.  Considering he is the brains of the operation, I thought he should have gotten more page time.

A good action adventure that I recommend.  Oh, I'm a little disappointed Cody didn't make the cover. 


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: