Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Edge by David Baldacci




 A CIA agent is killed in Putnam, Maine.  Travis Devine, a former Army Ranger, is tasked to discover who and why she was killed.   Sleepy little Putnam is anything but sleepy.  Devine seems to attract violence.

 Baldacci may be my favorite non-fantasy, non-science fiction author.  He develops a good plot and sprinkles it with tiny suggestions that often are incorrect as to the perpetrator’s identity.

 Travis is a new character to me, I don’t know if this is his first Baldacci book or not.  As much as I try and keep up with his writing, the man is a veritable machine in turning out new stories.  I will be watching for the next Travis Devine book who while no Amos, certainly gives Mercy a run.  

 Well drat!  While posting this on Amazon, I discovered it is the second book in the 6:20 man series. I've got some catching up to do. 

I recommend the author and all his books. 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: