Thursday, January 8, 2015

Fear City by F. Paul Wilson


When I read Dark City a few weeks ago I stated that I may be one of the few action adventure readers who has just discovered Repairman Jack.   This is a series that documents one man's quest to right wrongs in a unique vigilante/godfather manner.   This is the final book in the trilogy that documents the early years of Repairman Jack.  This book wraps up the early years and documents the origin of the Repairman Jack moniker.

Jack becomes more jaded in this volume.  He discovers that he learned a very painful lesson from the Mikulskis in the very first book.   A mistake that he vows will never happen again. 

This three book series provides you with the reason why Jack becomes a loner and documents the events that lead to his Quixotic behavior.  Jack is somewhat naive in this trilogy but you can see where he is going.   There is plenty of action and if you have an Old Testament attitude toward retribution you are going to devour this series.    

I recommend the book and I plan on reading more of the series.  It appears that this series is the last of the Repairman Jack stories for awhile.  The author states that in the forward of Fear City which I am currently reading.  There are at least 18 books besides these in the series and I plan on reading them all.   


Site:  http://www.siue.edu/~kcole/f.paul/index.html
This may or may not come up, I got some errors trying to access it. 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: