Friday, January 16, 2015

Legacies by F. Paul Wilson


I just read the prequels to the Repairman Jack series in December.  I am now trying acquire them and read the ensuing series in order.   This Jack is more mature and more decisive than the Jack in the prequels.  This story encompasses world economics and the onset of Aids.

Jack violates a couple of his earlier rules in this book.  He gets attached to both a client and a single mom in this book.  Jack's normal reaction to bad folks is aptly illustrated in this book.  It seemed dated until I read the copywrite of 1998.   Some themes are timeless and sadly in this book, their are a couple of disturbing themes than continue to plague us.

There is plenty of action and if you have an Old Testament attitude toward retribution you are going to devour this series.    

I recommend the book and I plan on reading more of the series.

Site:  http://repairmanjack.com/


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: