Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Drafter by Kim Harrison



I am one of the rare individuals who could not get into the Rachel Morgan stories.  Maybe it was my mood or the cycle of the moon or bad karma but I just was shocked that I didn't like those books.  Imagine my surprise when I liked The Drafter!  This book is about time shifting, memory and corruption. 

Harrison did a very good character portrayal in Peri Reed.   The unrealistic time shifting or drafting was balanced out by the very realistic feelings portrayed by Peri Reed.   My favorite character was Taf.  It was interesting to see the relationship with her mother.  Howard also was an interesting character.  His loyalty and guts contradicted his initial or perhaps secondary description.

There is action and intrigue and some confusion regarding just who are the  "bad" guys.  

I enjoyed the book.

Site:  http://kimharrison.net/

 This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: