Thursday, September 1, 2011

Life of Shouty: Good Habits by NeonSeon

Shouty Good Habits by NeonSeon

Shouty is a motivational book for 2nd and 3rd graders.  

This book is an attempt to get younger kids to consider choices and lifestyle.   It isn’t spelled out as such but it is a motivational book for good health.  Shouty is a bit of a sloth and this book shows him changing his ways.

I showed the books to my five and seven year old grandchildren.   They found Shouty a bit confusing.   He appears as an adult and is shown in scenarios that are not age appropriate for the target market.   They said it was ok and they got the idea with some explanation on my part.   In my words they felt that the scenarios were not well chosen for the 2nd and 3rd grade target market.  

Shouty did not grab their attention or interest and they found him a bit non-descript.   I think the message is good but I don’t know who the appropriate target might be.   It didn’t appear to be five and seven year olds.

Body of work of Neon Seon

Web site: www.shouty.com

No comments: