Monday, April 8, 2013

Shadows Before The Sun







Charlie Madigan, a female cop, is back kicking butt.   This time she is out to save her alien partner Hank from a fate that truly is worth than death.  Again Gay provides plenty of action in a good mystery with scifi and urban fantasy co-mingled.



Anyone who reads my reviews know I like butt kicking female protagonists.   I have missed several books between this and My Review of The Better Part of Darkness which was the first Kelly Gay book I read.



Gay develops her story but focuses primarily on Charlie and her outlook of the skewed world she lives in.   Rex has developed into a nicer character.  A couple of things occur in this book that logically followed the story line started in the previous books.   This book can still be read as a stand alone and enjoyed as such. 



Gay titillates the emotions and forces you to love or hate her characters. 



I highly recommend the book.






This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: