Friday, January 11, 2019

sunshine state by d.p. Lyle


Jake Longley is an ex-baseball player who is a resistant private eye type.  Apparently, this is book is part of a series featuring Jake and I sadly confess this is the first one I have read.   Jake and Nicole, described as a bomb shell, are tasked to find a killer for a crime that another killer has confessed to and has been incarcerated for.  Whew, a mouthful of a sentence which suffers from questionable syntax and grammar.  I did love my grammer.  

Jake and Nicole have a relationship somewhat similar to Spencer and Hawk except that Hawk would be a beautiful woman and Jake isn’t nearly as dangerous as Spencer.  The repartee is the similarity.  

Jake’s Dad and his lifelong friend, the enormous and bottomless Pancake fill out the major characters.
The story is convoluted enough to satisfy the aficionado of the genre and there is enough action to satisfy the less discerning reader.

It was a good mystery, I enjoyed the characterizations and the plot.


I intend on reading more from Lyle.  

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: