Thursday, September 26, 2019

Vanished by Whit Gentry


Once again, unpleasant but very real issues are tackled by Gentry.   A slightly different take on human trafficking leads Jake Littleton and friends to vigilante justice.

Jake Littleton is again a bit of an afterthought.  He really doesn’t fit prominently in the story except for his organizational skills.   Gentry has softened up a bit, the body count was kept to a minimum in this book.  There were more successful attempts at negotiation and thusly fewer bodies.

The author has a strong penchant for biblical justice.   The eventual justice meted out was particularly creative.   The only loose end I found was the Chinese detective.   Possibly I missed the connection but I’m not sure why he was included in the book.

I admit to a fondness for Gentry’s biblical justice, one only has to read the newspaper (a news format printed on paper and available for home delivery for you podcast people) to see how money and position lead to minimal or no punishment.

I had an audible chuckle when one surprise character was introduced, reminiscent of Stan Lee, Alfred Hitchcock and Clive Cussler.

I enjoyed the book and I recommend it.



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: