Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Copy Boy by Shelley Blanton-Stroud


This is a dust bowl book.  Set in the depression the future of a woman, let alone a penniless, uneducated woman is dim at best.   Jane takes her life in her own ends and wrings a future out of it.

This book perplexes me.   There parts and revelations that I really enjoyed.   In other parts I was not sure if it was a diary of a schizophrenic.   A solid point I got from the book is that, in some ways, we all are costuming our way through life.   I have no idea if that was the author’s point but it was what I got.   Much like my arguing with my college lit prof about interpretation of Robert Frost and the Road Not Taken.  I don’t know if I got what Frost wanted me to get and I know I didn’t get what my professor wanted me to get but I got something, my own something.

This is a choppy read and somewhat disjointed but provided some in-depth insight to some of the characters.


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: