Saturday, May 8, 2021

The Midnight Line by Lee Child




  

Apparently I've reviewed this book before, it seemed familiar but I liked it both times.  

Reacher does headbutt but there was very little of the normal Reacher smackdowns.  I saw this book as a major criticism as to how our veterans are treated.  The story revolves around a wounded veteran, a sibling and drug addiction.

The abuse of oxycontin is well documented.  The crackdown on oxy has driven addicts back to unregulated street drugs.  Child addresses this concern from the perspective of a wounded veteran dealing with addiction.   I enjoy Child’s work and I found this book far more thought provoking than usual.   Jack Reacher and his action adventure are still there but there is more meat to this book than just entertainment.

I enjoyed the book and recommend it.

 


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: