Saturday, June 26, 2021

Denied by Mary Keliikoa



This is a Kelly Pruett mystery.   It is the first one I’ve read.  Kelly’s friend Stephanie is in a high-risk pregnancy and her father has disappeared.   Stephanie asks Kelly, a private eye, to find him.   Vince, the father, has many secrets which Kelly finds out painfully.

My biggest criticism of the book is that Kelly takes far more risks than I could handle.  It is entirely possible that as much as I think I am a liberated man and can accept and see women in all roles, I cringed when Kelly did some things.   I’m not sure I would have cringed if Jack Reacher did the same things.  I suspect that is a factor of my age which is just shy of ancient.  Kudos to Kyle, the boyfriend, for his unswerving support of his risk-prone girlfriend.

I enjoyed the book and recommend it. 


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: