Sunday, November 7, 2021

An interview of Melkart Rouhan, the author of Greatness is NOWhere

An interview of Melkart Rouhan, the author of Greatness is NOWhere  

 

  1. What is your education/career background?

Melkart: I held previous positions such as Corporate Head of Learning & Development for Emaar Hospitality Group and Armani Hotels & Resorts; Corporate Director of Global Learning at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company; Public Speaker & Consultant for The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center, Executive Director of Human Resources; Manager of Human Resources & Leadership Development as well as Director of Training and Organizational Effectiveness in the Ritz-Carlton international arena and lead the opening countdowns for many of The Ritz-Carlton Hotels. I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel and Tourism Management (NDU, Lebanon), Post Graduate Diploma in International Hospitality Administration (University Cesar Ritz UCCR, Switzerland) and a Master of Science Degree in International Hospitality Management (UCCR & Manchester Metropolitan University, England MMU). My Master studies and thesis focused on organizational effectiveness and transformational leadership.

 

  1. You book title is intriguing, what’s it all about?

Melkart: The title ‘Greatness is NOWhere’ is playful indeed. How did you read it? Greatness is nowhere OR greatness is NOW here? At first, we mostly see “nowhere” instead of “NOW here” because as human beings, we are wired to exaggerate the negative because it helped us survive the dark ages. We moved beyond those days though, but we still carry this ‘shredder.’ It steels our inner peace, rips out our energy, and robs us of our dreams and aspirations. The book will inspire you to make the shift from greatness is nowhere to greatness in now here…and enable you to find the best version of yourself, your team, and your organization.

 

  1. Who should read Greatness is NOWhere and why?

Melkart:Greatness is NOWhere’ is founded on one simple truth: Every human being is versed in greatness and leadership main purpose is to unveil the best in others. Therefore, this book is for every one of us, who is yearning for greatness. You might argue that you are not a leader. Well, leadership is not a title and whether you like it or not, you are a leader and in the business of serving a cause, something, or someone. Truth is, greatness is not exclusive to athletes, famous people or great organizations who have left their footprints in our world. Greatness concerns every one of us. Greatness concerns you and me. And in my book, I share 3 principles, 15 truths, and 20 tools to jazz up your culture, pep up your people, spice up your customer experience, and ultimately unleash greatness.

 

  1. What inspired your story?

Melkart: I started this journey 10 years ago when I took the decision to open my own consulting firm, with the purpose to enable greatness in individual and organizations. Those first years were startling! I sketched the map, assembled the tools, and embarked on this ride of greatness. Truth be told, taking the first step was like jumping off a cliff. At first my philosophy of greatness was frightening; then things settled down as the parachute opened. I admit that I worked the parachute hard, but I owe all thankfulness and appreciation to those who believed in me and gave me the platform to share my philosophy in the form of workshops, events, and keynotes. The book is indeed the byproduct of my 10 years roaming the world, engaging with amazing people, spreading, refining, and redefining my philosophy of greatness. It is because of these unique encounters that Greatness is NOWhere came to life. It is true what the theologian, musician, philosopher, and Nobel Prize-winning physician Albert Schweitzer once said: “In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.”

 

  1. What’s the best writing advice you have ever received?

Melkart: “2 words: Start Writing!” That was the best advise… Due to my travel schedule, it was so hard to find a routine or a writing ritual. I learned about authors best practices, but none served the purpose… Here I am, flying from an event to another and struggling to find the pace. And it was a simple advice from a friend that flipped my reality. So, I started writing at the end of a day, started writing after a speech, started writing after a training workshop, started writing while on 40,000 feet en route to my next destination. Because of this advice, the 65,000 words in my books Greatness is NOWhere, are written literally in every corner of this world. I remember writing few pages in Angola, Africa, continuing the chapter while on 40,000 feet flight en route to Paris, to finally finish the chapter in Atlanta. “Start Writing”, because if you don’t, your song might never see the light.


Buy at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  

 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: