Monday, July 25, 2022

Easy Street by J. Gregory Smith




I am a J. Gregory Smith fan. I’ve been reading his stuff for years and like many fine wines improves with age, so does his writing.   I could not put this down.  I supposed part of it is the locale which is familiar.  The bulk of it is the constant state of tension wondering what is going to happen next.  My only criticism would be to add a brief back story at the beginning of the book for those who might not be such die-hard fans as myself.  Don’t get me wrong, this stands alone just fine, but I am aware I’ve read everything Smith has written so I had no need to catch up.

Kyle is the unlikely leader of a favor bound gang.  Kyle is a unique kind of loan shark with a heart of gold.  He is surrounded by people whose life has been altered by Kyle’s good deeds.   His loose knit band of peers finds itself in the no-man’s land between two warring gangs.  Forced to pick the lesser of two evils, Kyle’s crew fights back.

Smith has crafted a character whose personal sense of honor and justice draw him into the seedier side of Philadelphia.  Kyle and his crew mesh well and tend to the oddish side of the street. The don’t need to think outside of the box as they are blithely unaware that there is a box. 

I heartily enjoy this series and look forward to book four.

 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: