Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Survivor by Iris Johansen



This is part of a series so you are expected to know the relationship dynamics between characters.   I prefer an explanation of relationships to promote better reading as a stand-alone.  That may have prejudiced my liking of the book.   A semi-secret island with a herd of strange deer and rumored treasure from the Roman era is being attacked by a nefarious human trafficker and poacher.  Cade, a billionaire, and Riley his plus one are asked to help defend the island.

The premise of an ancient treasure and strange creatures generally grabs me.   This book didn’t.   Its not that it was bad but it rambled occasionally and expectations assumed by the characters didn’t always make sense.  The abilities of the characters were also a bit of a mystery.   

The book was okay and I expect readers who are part of the series fans will enjoy it more than I did.



 

This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: