Sunday, June 30, 2024

Anvil of God by J.Boyce Gleason

Anvil of God by J.Boyce Gleason

Persevere, I struggled with this book for the first fifty pages but I am happy I continued.  This is loosely based on Frankish history in the time of the Merovingian Kings.  I plead abject ignorance of the time and era so I won’t comment on anything historical.  The plot as I saw it was a dysfunctional family struggling to maintain power when the Christian Church was striving to limit secular rule regardless of morality.

The main characters have few laudable characteristics with the possible exception of Trudi, Pippin, and Helden. There is intrigue and a wealth of treachery.   There are some complicated interpersonal relationships with a bit of the Stockholm Syndrome thrown in to further complexity.

There is swordplay and battles as well as more moronic treachery.

I recommend the book.



 



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: