Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Redemption by Laurel Dewey



This is a suspenseful private eye novel with a strong female protagonist.

Jane Perry’s tenacity is her greatest strength. I always like a book with a strong female protagonist. Of course in Jane’s case bull headed and stubborn might also apply. Her inability to accept those who want to help her appears to be her biggest fault.

The story bogged down for me when what appeared to be proselytization occurred. The spirituality and mysticism weren’t strong enough to categorize the book as fantasy or speculative but it seemed to pull it out of main stream literature’s path of normalcy. However when you are dealing with fictional psychopaths one does wonder what is normal.

I think the book and series starring Jane Perry will cultivate a strong following. I won’t be one of them. I just had a hard time staying with the story. The characters were colorful and the plot was intricate but it just didn’t grab my attention. I had a hard time reading it. That being said, I do think it will be a success, this is why there is chocolate and vanilla.

Body of work of Laurel Dewey

Web site: http://www.laureldewey.com/

No comments: