Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kitty’s House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn

Kitty is a radio talk show host. She deals with paranormal questions on her show. She is invited to a retreat with other paranormal experts. Oh, yeah, Kitty is a werewolf.

Once again, I am surprised. I was very dubious as to my liking this book. I really enjoyed it. Mz. Vaughn does a great job fleshing out the characters. You find yourself pondering the ramifications of being a supernatural being. Intolerance is highlighted and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to extrapolate the obvious relationship to realities intolerances. The story has plenty of action and enough twists to satisfy most mystery fans. It was hardly a surprise to find vampires involved although at most they were bit players. I will seek out and read more of the Kitty series. It isn’t a cerebrally challenging book but it has beaucoup entertainment value.

I highly recommend the book.

Body of work of Carrie Vaughn

Web Site:

No comments: