Saturday, August 4, 2012

Spider Mountain by P.T. Deutermann



Keep in mind, I see myself writing recommendations rather than reviews.   I can save you some time, I recommend the book.   Deutermann and this book once again, kept me up late reading.   Cam Richter who we met in Cat Dancers is back.    Cam, Frick and Frack once again face myriad dangers, psychopathic hillbillies, ravenous dogs and corrupt law enforcement.

I have all four books in this series and will be enlightening my readers with my reactions, sweaty palms and all.   I reviewed Cat Dancers on this blog a few weeks ago, this is every bit as good.   I have to feel that Deutermann is a dog person, he writes of Cam’s sidekicks with respect and love but also is able to be pragmatic about them.

Mary Ellen Goode, the National Park Ranger, from Cat Dancers is back and needs help.  Cam feels obliged to stick out his neck again.  Deutermann portrays his protagonists with nearly bottomless loyalty and unbelievable persistence, often to their determent.

I’m sure there are some folks who live on mountains and down “hollers” will be dismayed at the portrayal of some of their own.  Realistically there are bad folks in suburbs, cities and the country but if these country folk don’t scare the “bejabbers” out of you, then you are tougher than I am.  This is a great follow up to the first book in the series,  I can’t wait to read the next one.

I highly recommend it.



Body of  work of <a type="amzn" > P.T. Deutermann </a>
Web Site: http://www.ptdeutermann.com/



This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: