Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Readers’ Room by Antoine Laurain

This book surprised me.  I am normally lukewarm about translated books.  It seems like all too frequently slight cultural differences can dramatically impact literature.   Just as in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I have been delightfully surprised.   A publishing house selects a mystery for publishing and complications arise.

Laurain develops characters with, well character.   They are not cardboard cutouts such as MLB is using but people with a wealth of foibles.   There really are no heroic protagonists in the book.  It just has a complex, people driven plot.


I enjoyed the book and sugar flowers can be quite beautiful.


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: