Monday, August 30, 2021

Autopsy by Patricia Cornwell



Scarpetta is back as the medical examiner for the state of Virginia.   I must have missed a couple of books in between.   Marino, Lucy, Benton are still in the picture but with different roles and many life changes.  A serial killer and a spy are the focus of the investigation.

This did not seem as tightly wrapped as I remember the Scarpetta books being.   I felt that some things were left open or assumed.  There was action and intrigue but I felt the characters could have been fleshed out a bit.  A good example is Lucy but it appears that some serious stuff happened in recent books that has changed things.   I like Cornwell so I’m going to have to go find the books I missed.

I recommend the book.

 


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: