Friday, May 27, 2022

The Bone Flower by Charles Lambert


This book started very slow, to the point where I almost quit reading it.  It got better and it may be that it is the style of writing that I had issues with.   This is written more like a romance than the stories I normally read.   Edward, an immature gadabout, falls in love with a gypsy woman.   The love affair ends and Edward finds himself married to a buoyant Italian princess.   The marriage is marred by supernatural phenomena.

Edward was a product of his upbringing.  Expected to be a gentleman of leisure by his father, he struggled with wanting to do something, anything.  His immaturity was a direct result of said upbringing.  I found myself wanting to shake some sense into him, so in that way, the author assuredly captured my interest.

The story also illustrates the power of friendship and loyalty through the characters of George and Daniel.

I eventually enjoyed the book and recommend it.

 


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned



No comments: