Monday, June 5, 2023

Deadlock by James Byrne



Dewey Andreas and Jack Reacher are sissies compared to Desmond Aloysius Limerick or Dez as known to his admirers, detractors, and friends.   Dez is retired from special operations.   Living in the States he is asked by a bandmate to protect her sister.   From this simple request, extraordinary mayhem ensues.

Byrne is a master of action.  He also creates a character in Dez who is simultaneously fearsome and lovable.   I normally read three books simultaneously, Dez forced me to concentrate on one book, I liked it that much.   The qualities of loyalty, camaraderie, and indomitable fortitude in defense of friends capture your attention.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and heartily recommend it. 


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: