Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Say My Name by Joe Clifford



This was a strange book.  It may be strange because I am an author and it was a book about an author talking to himself.  I do that a lot too.   He was telling a story but also talking about being an author.   This purports to be a true crime story about a crime that never happened.  Returning home after a decades-long hiatus reminiscing about the Rodgers twins and their disappearance, the author does a wealth of soul-searching.

Again, part of the strangeness, I, too, had a heartthrob on a set of twins as a preteen.  Since the story has the author being very strange, personality disorder strange, you can imagine why I struggled not to find parallels with my own life.  Of course, the author in the story sold far more books than I have so the parallels aren’t one hundred percent. 

The book has arrogance, nostalgia, some action, and lots of treachery with bounteous confusion.

 


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases if you click on a purchasing link below.#CommissionsEarned

No comments: