Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Last Israelis by Noah Beck

My review copy of this book was a pre-press copy.  This book is a fictionalized look at the tensions and frustrations of the current Middle East conflict. 

Mr. Beck sets the scene for the book by carefully introducing each character and providing insights to their motivation.   This sets the stage for the increasing level of tension and action as the book escalates to it’s dramatic conclusion.

I like good characterizations.   I think it is much easier to “get into” a book when you have some feel or empathy for the people who populate it.   Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t just a character study, this book has plenty of action and can provide that adrenal jolt that signifies a good action thriller.

I recommend the book.  

Body of work of <a type="amzn"> Noah Beck </a>

NEW as of 5/28/2013  Noah recently published the second edition, and released it in every format (ebook, paperback, and even audiobook).    Here is the trailer for his book:


This book may have been received free of charge from a publisher or a publicist. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

No comments: